Once you have all your materials ready, you can publish your class!
1. Login to your Skillshare Account
2. Click “Become a Teacher” in the upper righthand corner.
3. Click “Start a Class” in the upper righthand corner.
4. To upload your class videos, go to the “Video Lessons” tab and click “Upload Videos” in the center of the page.
5. Select the video files you wish to upload (you can upload multiple videos at the same time). Make sure your video is either an .mp4, .mov, .avi, or .flv when exporting your video files. Each video must also be under 2GB. To publish your class, the combined length of all your videos must total at least 10 minutes.
6. Once you select the file you wish to upload, you will see that your video is in the process of “Uploading”.
7. After the video is uploaded, you will see a “Video Processing” message. It typically takes approximately 30 minutes to process your videos. When an image from the video appears, you will know your video is fully processed.
8. While your videos are uploading and processing, you can move to the next section “Class Info”.
9. Add your class title. If you aren’t sure what to name your class, check out this article here for inspiration.
10. For your class description, be sure to give your students a concise overview of what they can expect to learn in your class. For tips on writing your class description as well as a few examples, check out this article here. Please note that you will not be able to publish your class without a class description. If you would like an image to appear in the class description, you can add one by selecting “Upload photo” in the right hand corner of the class description text box.
11. Next, add your class project (minimum of 100 characters). Similar to the class description, if you would like an image to appear in the class project section, you can add one by selecting “Upload photo” in the right hand corner of the class project text box. For tips on creating a great class project, check out this article. To include files as part of your project (e.g. a PDF of a worksheet) you can add these files in the class project by selecting “Attach a File”.
12. In the category and sub-category section, choose the categories that most accurately apply to your class. This is an important step in helping students find your class so be sure to choose the correct category and sub-category. For tips on selecting the correct category and skills, go here.
13. For “Class Type” you have two options - free or premium. Free classes do not earn any royalties. If you select premium, make sure you have a verified PayPal account that can receive payment and that you have activated your PayPal account on Skillshare in your payment settings.
14. A class cover image is the first image people see when your video appears and can help your class look more polished. To change your class cover image, stay in the “Video Lessons” section and click image icon (see highlighted circle) on the top right corner of your first video lesson. Upload any image you’d like!
15. Congratulations! You’re ready to publish your first class! Click on the blue “Publish” button in the upper righthand corner of the class.
16. After you have confirmed that you are ready to publish and have confirmed your PayPal account (if your class is Premium), head to your profile and check out your published class!
We are so happy to have you join the Skillshare teaching community! For next steps, learn how to market your Skillshare class here.