Teachers may host group Live Sessions and private 1-on-1 Sessions on a broad range of topics, to work with students directly on deepening creative skills, collaborate in real time, share advice and feedback, and help students reach their creative goals.
In order to ensure these 1-on-1 and Live Sessions offer a safe, encouraging, educational space for our members, we expect all teachers and participants to abide by our Community Guidelines in creating listings for 1-on-1 Sessions and Live Sessions, and while attending the sessions.
In addition to following our Community Guidelines, please be aware that we prohibit the following types of 1-on-1 and Live Sessions on Skillshare:
- Any session that promotes an illegal activity
- Any session that provides advice or resources that should be obtained by a certified professional (e.g. medical, legal, investment, accounting, or tax advice)
- Any session that involves live nudity or explicit content meant to be sexually gratifying
- Any session promoting or recruiting for pyramid schemes, multi-level marketing campaigns, or other false earning scams
- Any session involving weapons, arms, and/or activities that can lead to physical harm (including self-defense or self-defense featuring weapons)
- Any session intended to support a political candidate or fund a political campaign
- Any session promoting disinformation or content that is deceptive or manipulative (e.g. conspiracy theories, pseudoscience)
- Any session that promises unrealistic outcomes (e.g. financial guarantees, miracle cures)
The list above is non-exhaustive and may change from time-to-time. Teachers who create sessions on prohibited topics may have these listings removed, and risk having negative actions taken on their accounts, including account deactivation.
Please note that our policies on 1-on-1 and Live Sessions differ from the Content & Topic Restrictions we enforce in Skillshare’s class catalog. This is because the purpose of 1-on-1 and Live Sessions are different and paid for separately from the curated catalog of classes that come with a Skillshare membership.
If you come across any Skillshare 1-on-1 Sessions or Live Sessions that you believe violate our Community Guidelines or the prohibited topics listed above, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.