The Skillshare community is first and foremost, educational and centered around skill-building. Skillshare defines our spirit as educational, instructional, engaging and demonstrative, and we reserve the right to remove any content posted to the platform that we deem to be in opposition to this stated intention. The goal of our community is knowledge expansion, and we get there by guiding our users to flex their creative and analytical muscles, engage in genuine interactions with the community and have a safe space to share their work.
While we’re devoted to maintaining an open-platform, we also want Skillshare to be a destination for learners and doers. For this reason, classes published to the platform are moderated daily for length, teachability, subject matter, minimum education quality and applicability. These rules can be found under our Class Guidelines.
Our teachers and students – the community – are the pulse of Skillshare. The following guidelines are here to help you understand what it means to be a member of Skillshare, whether you're interacting with each other or members of our team. Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in strikes recorded to your Skillshare account, removal of content, or account deletion.
There's a real person behind each Skillshare profile and support email. Skillshare is not a venue for you to harass, abuse, bully, or intimidate others. Do not use public community spaces such as class discussions or Groups to dispute transactions, provide site-related feedback, or report technical issues. Instead, contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with these issues, and we’ll help you out right away.
The following is prohibited in any area of the site:
Harassment, Hate Speech, and Explicit or Illegal Content
- Uploading content that is inappropriate, offensive, hateful, contains objectionable language, or that promotes stereotypes of individuals or groups based on race, gender, religion, age, nationality, political affiliation or sexual orientation
- Uploading explicit or violent content
- Uploading content that makes reference to weapons, as well as activities that can be considered dangerous or that have the potential to lead to physical harm
- Promoting an illegal activity
- Posting disrespectfully or repetitively in class discussions, project or comments, reviews, groups, workshops, project comments or on teach challenge pages
Privacy & Ownership
- Revealing personal or identifying information about another user
- Downloading classes from Skillshare and posting them elsewhere
- Uploading content that you did not create
- Uploading content that promotes dubious business schemes or promises a specific outcome to students
- Impersonating a teacher from another platform
- Engaging in fraudulent or misleading referral or class review activity (including but not limited to: using multiple identities, email addresses or Skillshare accounts, providing false or misleading information, or attempting to "game" the trending algorithm)
- Manipulating metrics surrounding engagement (manipulating or faking referrals or minutes watched)
If the goal of your content or community participation is to gain engagement outside of Skillshare, it is likely not aligned with the spirit of the platform. The following Guidelines apply to all users on all areas of the site:
- Any untargeted, unwanted, or repetitive content posted to community spaces (class discussions, reviews, Groups, projects and comments, Workshops or Teach Challenge pages) may be removed.
- Within Groups, teachers may only share their own classes in the Skillshare Teachers Group. Check out the complete Groups Guidelines.
- If you are a teacher, self-promotion (ex: mentioning other websites you teach on, mentioning your own website, asking for followers or subscribers on other platforms), should be limited to the intro and outro videos of your class only.
- Using your profile or any community space primarily as a proxy to other websites, services, or competitors is not tolerated.
Any violations to our Community Guidelines can be reported here: Reporting a Violation