Yes, you can create a free access link to offer your class for free. New members who click your free access link will be prompted to create a Skillshare account, but they won’t need to enter any credit card information to watch your class. Existing members will be asked to sign in, but do not need an active subscription to watch via the free access link.
To create a free access link for a published class, from a desktop computer:
- Click on the Teach dropdown menu and then select Classes You’re Teaching to pull up your classes.
- Click on the Edit button for the class in which you wish to create a free access link.
- On the next screen, click on Promote in the side menu.
- Then, scroll down to the bottom to the Free Access Links section.
- Click Create a New Link. In the pop-up window, you can set the quantity of links you’d like to create (in other words, how many people you’re giving free access to via this link). You can also set a campaign name to track which free access links have been redeemed, and also an expiration date.
- Click the Create button.
- Copy the link from the field and share it wherever you wish.
Keep in mind that you won’t be compensated for the minutes watched via these free access links and you won’t earn referral revenue, since these students aren’t signing up for a Skillshare membership.
Additionally, students accessing your class through a free access link may post a project, but they cannot leave a review.