Subtitles for each of your videos automatically appear at the bottom of each one of your video lessons when subtitles are toggled on. Transcripts are generated from the subtitle file and appear under the Transcripts tab in your class.
Once you publish a class, it can take up to 7 days for subtitles and transcripts to appear.
To edit any subtitles in your Skillshare class:
- If you're not already in the class, click Teach in the top navigation to go to the Teacher Hub. Under Start Creating a New Class, select View My Classes. On the next page, click Edit beside the class that you want to edit.
- On the Video Lessons screen, scroll to locate the video lesson that you'd like to edit.
- Click on the speech bubble icon on that lesson (which should say Edit Captions if you hover over the icon).
- A window will expand to show all subtitles for this video lesson and their corresponding timestamps. Here you can edit any subtitles as needed.
- Once you've edited your subtitles, select Publish Changes below the text field.
- When you are done editing the subtitles in your class, scroll to the top of the page and click on Save & Publish to finalize your changes.
Once your updated subtitles are published, the transcript will update automatically.
At this time, teachers are only able to edit subtitles for English-language classes.