Skillshare classes cover a wide variety of topics related to creativity, the arts, design, freelance, entrepreneurship, lifestyle, and personal development. There’s a lot of room for unique and specific skills, as well as self expression within these fields, but some topic areas are off-limits on Skillshare.
We are constantly working to ensure consistency in our classes across Skillshare, but if you see a class on Skillshare that you believe should be prohibited based on our guidelines, please feel free to submit a ticket to report this to our team.
Please note that the list below is non-exhaustive and may change from time-to-time. Teachers who create classes on prohibited topics risk having negative actions taken on their accounts, including account deactivation.
Temas de clase prohibidos
Los siguientes temas no se permiten en las clases de Skillshare:
- Classes focused on passive income business strategies, amassing fast followers, or promising static monetary rewards or outcomes (e.g. Faceless automation, affiliate marketing, promises to make money or gain followers fast, stock and forex trading, blockchain, crypto and NFT sales )
- Romantic, sexual, interpersonal, or intimate relationships (e.g. parenting, identifying personality types, interpreting body language, dating)
- Classes about teaching on other educational platforms or how to teach or create classes on Skillshare
- Classes that show students how to resell existing products or services (e.g. drop-shipping or multi-level marketing)
- Classes about ethical hacking
- Classes on weapons, arms, and/or activities that can lead to physical harm (including self-defense or self-defense featuring weapons)
- Classes about medical content or that are related to the medical field (e.g. holistic medicine, pseudoscience, how-to diagnose, first aid, CPR, promising mental or physical health benefits/cures)
- Classes about mathematics, standardized testing, physical and life sciences (e.g. biology, chemistry) or classical engineering (e.g. biochemical, aerospace, mechanical, electrical, structural engineering)
- Classes that focus on or consistently reference religion or spirituality (e.g. any religious sect, astrology, numerology, tarot, crystal healing)
- Classes that focus on or consistently reference politics
- Classes about fitness and/or exercise beyond meditation & gentle movement (e.g. dance, bodybuilding, strength training, body transformation, weight management or weight loss, dieting, meal planning for weight management)
- Classes that focus on pet care (e.g. grooming, training)
- Classes that focus on beauty regimens or cosmetology (e.g. skin, hair, and nail health and maintenance, creating beauty aesthetics or daily routines)
- Classes that provide advice or resources that should be obtained by a certified professional (e.g. survival skills, medical, legal, psychological, financial, investment, tax advice)
- Classes displaying or promoting dangerous activities and/or the use of harmful and hazardous materials
Starting on May 1, 2023, Skillshare will only accept new classes taught in English, French, German, Portuguese, or Spanish. These are the languages that represent a vast majority of our non-English-speaking audience and are the languages in which members can currently experience the Skillshare site.
We believe that aligning the languages that classes can be taught in with the languages in which the Skillshare site can be experienced will best serve our audience of students and teachers at this time.
Additional Content Restrictions
Starting on May 1, 2023:
- Skillshare will no longer permit classes in the following categories:
- Home Business
- IT Security
- Skillshare will only accept classes in the following categories from teachers in our Teach Corps or Top Teacher programs:
- Web Development
- Mobile Development
- Game Design
- Human Resources
- Product Management
- Business Analytics
- Data Science
- Leadership & Management
We limit these categories to ensure that our catalog is relevant to our community and reflective of the ways in which the Skillshare brand has evolved. Please note that many class categories continue to remain open to all new and current Skillshare teachers. For a list of categories currently open for all teachers, please go here. If you have any questions about your class topic, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.