Student Referral Program: Gift Card Award
Skillshare offers two different referral programs, depending on your location. Some users may be eligible for a Skillshare student referral program whereby both referring and referred students can receive a cash award via an online gift card after a successful referral. The terms and conditions for that referral program can be found here, including a list of countries that are excluded from this program.
Student Referral Program: Free Month of Membership
If the country in which you reside is excluded from the gift card award based referral program, you are eligible to participate in a separate Skillshare student referral program whereby referring students receive a free month of Skillshare membership upon successful referral. What follows are the Terms and Conditions for this referral program, which will be referred to hereafter as the “Referral Program.”
How It Works
You may participate in this Referral Program by referring potential students to the Service (as defined in our Skillshare Terms of Service). Under the Referral Program, you will receive an award (a “Student Referral Award”) of 1 free month of membership for each Qualified Student Referral (as hereinafter defined) redeemable at the beginning of your next billing cycle.
In order to receive a Student Referral Award, each of the following requirements must be met (any referral for which all such requirements are met is hereinafter referred to as a “Qualified Student Referral”): (i) you must log in to your Skillshare account on the Service and select the “Invite Friends” link; (ii) you must share the link provided with friends by copying and pasting the Unique Referral Link generated via the Service and sending the link in an email via the Services to your friends, by sharing the link via Facebook, Twitter, or similar services, or by using the other tools provided by Skillshare to share the link with friends; and (iii) a friend who clicks the Unique Referral Link must create a Skillshare account and successfully pay for a year of membership that is not refunded (partially or fully).
Skillshare reserves the right to (i) request and receive information from you about any referred students, including but not limited to information with respect to traffic sources and methods used to acquire the referred student, and (ii) assess the legitimacy and qualification of such referred student for the purposes of determining whether Program Rewards are payable for or to such referred student.
Skillshare may prohibit anyone from participating in the Referral Program or receiving A Student Referral Award if it determines the referring or referred Student is attempting to undermine the fairness, integrity, or legitimate operation of the Referral Program in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair practices intended to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any Skillshare users, or representatives of Skillshare, or causing annoyance, abuse, threats, or harassment of any Skillshare users or representatives of Skillshare. Skillshare reserves the right to disqualify anyone, cancel Student Referral Awards, disable or suspend an account, and contact legal authorities (including law enforcement), if it should discover a user is tampering with the entry or referral process or the operation of the Referral Program or violating these Terms and Conditions, in its sole discretion. Referrals generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Referral Program, we reserve the right to cancel, change, or suspend the Referral Program.
Actions which could give rise to Skillshare voiding your Student Referral Award, terminating your eligibility to earn a Student Referral Award, or terminating your account, or the accounts of Skillshare members you refer, include, but are not limited to:
- Opening multiple accounts, including with different email addresses, for the same person in order to generate additional Student Referral Awards;
- Referring students using spam or mass emails, texts, or messages, automated bots advertising, sponsored links, unsolicited emails, or links on message boards or forums;
- Using false names, impersonating other people, or otherwise providing false or misleading information to us or others;
- Using the Referral Program to violate any law, infringe or violate the rights of any third party, or otherwise act in a manner that is deemed harassing, harmful, illegal, hateful, obscene, or outside the spirit and intent of the Referral Program, or engaging in any actions that are designed to disrupt or undermine the Referral Program;
- Offering any incentive to others to register new accounts;
- Engaging in actions that disparage or malign or call into question the reputation of Skillshare, in Skillshare's sole discretion;
- Violating these Terms and Conditions or any other of Skillshare's existing or future policies or terms and conditions in any way; or
- Participating in the Referral Program if doing so would be prohibited by any applicable laws or regulations.
Termination and Changes
Skillshare reserves the right at any time, and in its sole discretion, to terminate, cancel, suspend, or modify, in whole or in part, the Referral Program, as well as any student’s ability to participate in the Referral Program or receive a Student Referral Award, at any time for any reason, including suspected fraud (including by any referring or referred student), abuse, or any violation of these Rules as well as any agreement (if one exists) between you and Skillshare. You are advised to check these Terms and Conditions from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you.