If you have an unexpected charge from us, it can be one of the following:
- A $1 pre-authorization charge we’ve sent to your bank to confirm payment information.
- A renewal charge for a membership that was never cancelled.
This guide will help steer you in identifying unexpected charges and, if needed, contacting us for assistance.
Why was I charged from Skillshare?
Skillshare charges will typically appear on your statement as "HELP.SKILLSHARE.COM" or "Skillshare, Inc." Follow these steps to find details about an unexpected Skillshare charge:
- Log into your Skillshare account.
- Go to Account Settings > Membership & Payments to see upcoming renewals for your account.
We typically submit a pre-authorization charge to your bank when you:
- Add or update your payment method on file - the pre-authorized amount is typically $0.00 or $1.00, depending on your bank. This is a temporary charge and will be removed before it settles on your account.
- Making the initial purchase of a membership - if you find two identical charges in your transactions, we recommend contacting your bank to see if one of the charges is a pre-authorization.