Subtitles can be enabled on all Skillshare classes on the desktop and mobile site, the iOS app, and the Android app.
Subtitles are available in English, Spanish, French, German, and Portuguese!
To turn subtitles on and off on a desktop:
- Scroll over the video player while watching a Skillshare class.
- Click on the speech bubble icon in the bottom right corner of the video player. (It should read Subtitles when you hover over the icon.)
- Select your preferred language.
- If you decide to turn subtitles back off, hover over the video, click on the speech bubble icon, and click Subtitles Off.
On the mobile website, you should see the speech bubble icon in the same place, which you can tap to turn Subtitles on and off.
To turn subtitles on/off on the iOS app:
- Tap on the class you'd like to watch and begin playing (▶️) the video.
- On the class video player, tap on the ... in the top right corner to open a settings menu.
- From that menu, tap Subtitles and select your preferred language.
To turn subtitles on and off on the Android app:
- Tap on the class you'd like to watch.
- On the class video player, you'll see a speech bubble icon in the top right corner.
- Tap on the speech bubble icon on the video to turn subtitles on and off.