Skillshare’s Class Quality Guidelines are in place to ensure a high-quality learning experience for our community and are specific to the class production process. In addition to these guidelines, we have some additional rules that teachers must follow to teach on our platform.
Teachers who fail to adhere to these rules may result in class or account removal.
As a teacher,
- You may upload a maximum of 1 class every 7 days.
- You are fully responsible for the ownership of the content you share on Skillshare, and we have a zero-tolerance policy for violations of intellectual property rights or impersonation. Even if you own the content that you are publishing to Skillshare, you may not publish classes that you are not directly teaching yourself. This includes, but is not limited to, content that is copyrighted or trademarked by another party and PLR (Private Label Rights) content.
- If you are teaching as a company or as part of a collective of multiple teachers working together as a single entity, the owner of the account (the individual associated with the email account on file) remains responsible for any account strikes pertaining to policy violations. Please note that Skillshare cannot split royalties or referral bonuses between multiple parties. In the event of a disagreement over content ownership between parties, Skillshare will comply with DMCA regulation.
- You must have the proper authorization for any supplemental material included in your class, such as images or music tracks.
- You may not prompt students to make additional payments outside of the Skillshare platform in order to complete, show completion or participate in a class.
- You should not direct students to competing educational platforms within your class or activities on Skillshare.
- You should not suggest or indicate that your class was produced with or by Skillshare, nor should you represent that you have an official relationship with Skillshare off the platform.
- You may not publish classes into our catalog that are available for free off of Skillshare.