To celebrate and support our most engaging and highest quality teachers throughout their teaching journey, Skillshare offers teacher programs that provide benefits and resources designed to amplify teachers’ success on Skillshare.
In this article:
- Programs for New Skillshare Teachers
- Programs for Rising and Established Skillshare Teachers
Programs for New Skillshare Teachers
Teach Challenge is a multi-week program for first-time teachers that happens four times a year. Participants are encouraged to complete specific milestones designed to encourage high-quality class production, with the goal of completing a published class in about 6 weeks. In addition to receiving assistance from our Skillshare team, participants also join a community of other new teachers who provide feedback and encouragement along the way.
Teach Lab is a 3-month long residency program that empowers distinctive creatives to become better teachers while building their community. With 1-on-1 coaching, production guidance, workshops, and video editing support, Teach Lab helps creatives level up to launch a high-quality Skillshare class. Teach Lab invites a small group of participants to join this tight-knit residency program every month.
To be considered for one of these programs, first-time Skillshare teachers may submit an application anytime for an upcoming cohort of Teach Challenge (happens four times per year) or Teach Lab (new cohorts start monthly).
Programs for Rising and Established Skillshare Teachers
Teach Corps is an invite-only community designed to nurture rising teacher talent who have one or more classes on Skillshare. The goal of Teach Corps is to encourage these rising teachers to continue improving their teaching and finding success. Teach Corps also helps cultivate the next generation of Top Teachers. To support the goals of the program and their success on Skillshare, teachers in Teach Corps receive access to quarterly webinars and contests; a private community to foster peer-to-peer learning and feedback; and a dedicated point-of-contact at Skillshare.
Top Teachers represent our most active, engaged, and high-quality teachers on Skillshare. They receive the same support and perks offered to teachers in Teach Corps, plus:
- Top Teacher badge on their profile.
- Special marketing features and promotions.
- Access to new beta features.
- A free Skillshare membership.
There is no formal application process for Teach Corps or Top Teachers. Rather, we regularly review new classes from all teachers throughout the year and use the following criteria to evaluate a teacher’s readiness for either program:
- High-Quality and In-Demand Content: These teachers consistently create exemplary content for students that aligns with all quality, class, and community guidelines, as well as Skillshare’s content strategy.
- Performance: Their classes rank highly in minutes watched, positive student reviews, and number of students.
- Activity: They remain active on the platform by publishing at least one class every six months.
- Engagement With Students: These teachers go above and beyond to connect with students by answering questions, sharing resources, and providing thoughtful feedback on projects.
- Teacher Brand and Profile: Their profile is a cohesive and consistent representation of their individual and personal brand.