Class reviews are an excellent way to learn how you can improve your teaching. They also have an impact on how new students discover your class on Skillshare — read on to learn more.
In this article:
- Why Student Reviews Are Important
- How Students Review Your Class
- How Reviews Are Displayed in Your Class
- Tips for Encouraging Reviews From Your Students
Why Student Reviews Are Important
Having both positive and constructive reviews can help your class find success on Skillshare for two reasons:
- They help other students browsing your class determine if it is right for them, and
- They help you make improvements in your future classes.
How Students Review Your Class
When a student has watched at least three lessons in your class, they will be prompted to leave a review. They will be asked:
- Whether the class met their expectations.
- What level of experience would be appropriate for other students taking the class.
- What they liked most about the class.
- What could be improved (these suggestions are shared privately with you and not shared with other students).
Students can also leave a comment that will appear publicly on the Reviews tab within your class.
How Reviews Are Displayed in Your Class
While no overall score is calculated for your classes based on reviews, the Reviews tab will display the average level selection, what students liked the most, and a percent breakdown of how well your class met student expectations.
Tips for Encouraging Reviews From Your Students
It’s completely OK to ask your students to review your class, as long as your request doesn’t distract students too much from their learning (see our guidelines around self-promotion in our Class Quality Guidelines).
Students generally appreciate a gentle reminder to leave you a review! It’s an opportunity for them to voice what they like or dislike about a class, which is tremendously valuable to helping you improve as a teacher.