Your Skillshare profile is your very own page on Skillshare. It’s an important component in building your teacher brand for marketing your classes as well as establishing credibility and trust with your students.
In this article:
- How to Access Your Teacher Profile
- Essential Components of Your Profile
- Optional Components
- Teacher Examples
How to Access Your Teacher Profile
From a desktop computer, follow these steps:
- Click your profile image in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select View Profile (green button).
- On the next screen click the Edit Profile button in the top right-hand corner.
From there you can add any content you want: text, images, embedded video content from YouTube or Vimeo, or standalone links. For more detailed instructions on how to edit your profile page, refer to our support article How do I update my Skillshare profile?
Essential Components of Your Profile
Your teacher profile on Skillshare is part of class merchandising, since it contains information about you and your experience and establishes your credibility as a teacher. Keep in mind your profile is visible to students within the Skillshare community as well as outside of it (e.g., through Google and other search engines) so it’s important to fill out that profile before you publish your first class.
At a minimum, you should include:
- A profile image. Show a friendly face to your potential students!
- A title. Think of your title as your “one-line bio” or elevator pitch to your students. It appears under your profile image as well as under the title for all of your classes.
- A short biography. Your written bio is essential for SEO. You can create an “About Me” section on your profile to share professional accomplishments and past experiences. Remember to keep it short and share only the essentials!
- Links to your website and social channels. Any additional information that you can provide to root your expertise in the topics you teach will give students more confidence in your classes and support SEO.
- A section for your Skillshare classes. If you have more than one class, consider grouping classes together under separate headers.
Some more experienced teachers add additional information to their profile page to help market their classes and brand. As you teach more classes on Skillshare you may also want to consider adding:
- Selected student reviews that praise your classes and your teaching.
- A short, 1-2 minute trailer for you and your classes. You can host the video on an external platform, such as YouTube or Vimeo, and embed it into your profile.
- Custom graphics, such as examples of your work, to add visual interest and extend your brand.
Here are a few outstanding Skillshare teacher profiles to look at for inspiration.